What an interesting morning it was today!
When I came into work, a mysterious pile of TEN Easter eggs had appeared on my music cart. There were different colors, shapes and sizes. Of course, being a music teacher, I was interested in how they SOUNDED...but what was inside making them sound that way?
I knew I needed help in decoding the contents of the eggs, so I enlisted my favorite little detectives...the adorable students of Joyful Noise!
I asked them to describe what they heard: was it a hard sound? A soft sound? Loud or quiet? Was it a whole item, or was it something in pieces? They made educated guesses and were very engaged and thoughtful during this problem solving listening activity!
We also learned a NEW WORD today...if something is in tiny pieces, we can refer to them as "PARTICLES". Wow! Read on below the pictures to see how you can engage your children. In lieu of questions, I am today listing what was truly inside the eggs...see if your child can remember!
P.S.--the kids also enjoyed singing "Little Bunny Foo Foo" today!
The four year olds fell asleep in class today after a magic spell was cast upon them! Can you believe it?
The toddlers showed me how many eggs they had counted once we were done exploring the contents...
WHAT WAS INSIDE THE EGGS?
Ask your child to remember...
1. Rainbow Sprinkles
2. Raw Elbow Macaroni
3. Raw Medium Shell Macaroni
4. Screws
5. One Jingle Bell
6. Rice Krispies Cereal
7. Uncooked Rice
8. Raisins
9. Fresh Coffee Grounds
10. Sugar












