VROOM VROOM VROOM!
Songs about driving in the car
This week in music class, we sang all about transportation! We started by talking about how we get from point A to point B--what can take us there? Some transportation methods the children came up with:
-Cars
-Trucks
-Motorcycles
-Jets
-Airplanes
-Firetrucks
-Jeeps
-Bicycles
and even
-A rocket! (Watch out, mom and dad.)
After our transportation conversation, we sang some fun car themed songs, and we even pretended to drive with paper plate steering wheels! We also practiced color recognition with a fun song entitled "Grandma's Car", and enjoyed practicing varying rhythms and large motor with the body poem, "I am a windshield wiper." The kids chanted the poems with movements as I played a varying tempo with sandblocks.
Check it out below! =)
I am a Windshield Wiper
(Waving arm back and forth in "Hickory Dickory Dock" motion)
I am a windshield wiper
This is how I go
Back and forth and back and forth
Through the rain and snow