Week of December 17th, 2012


JINGLE BELL TIME!

We had such a great time today exploring jingle bells! I brought bells of all sizes into the classrooms for kids to explore. We discovered that BIGGER jingle bells are LOUDER and LOWER, and that SMALLER ones are SMALLER and more QUIET! Ask your child about these comparisons today!

We also read the book "A Wish To Be A Christmas Tree" to the tune of "Up On The Housetop". The kids enjoyed hearing this story of little woodland creatures who decorated a tree in the forest who felt left out when he didn't go home as a Christmas tree!

Also, I'd like to apologize for our missed class last week! My son was ill and unfortunately I had to cancel our class for that day. I am looking forward to ADDING a day during the week of the 24th. We will likely reschedule our "Pigs In The House" music class for Wednesday or Thursday that week!


I created a fun "jingle belt" (pictured above) that I tied around children. To create happy jingling, they jumped with a partner. They thought being tied together was truly hilarious and fun!






















CHECK OUT THE FOUR YEAR OLDS 
"Jingle Jumping"!