Week of October 7th, 2013


SLIDE WHISTLE FUN!!

Today we enjoyed using slide whistles to learn about pitch, learning about the musical term "glissando", meaning to "glide" from one pitch to another, and moving our bodies in fun ways to the sounds of the sliding tones!

Check out the fun pictures and video below, 
and ask your child about music class today!











QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD ABOUT MUSIC CLASS TODAY:

1.  How do you play a slide whistle? By blowing air in it and moving the slider up and down!

2. Was it hard or easy to play?

3. How are the slide whistles cleaned? Today I showed the children how I sanitize the instruments in between each use in a bucket of strong sanitizing solution. I place the slide whistle  mouthpiece down with the slider up, into the strong solution, and allow it to soak and swish for about five minutes. The slidewhistle is then rinsed and wiped off and air dries in the tub!

4. Do you remember what the slide is called? A "glissando"!



The infants experience the slide whistle. =}